Superintendent's Goals 2020-2021
1.) By June of 2021 the Coos Bay School District will review the current plan and write a new plan for the 2021-23 biennium for the Student Investment Account. The focus of the plan will be to meet students’ mental or behavioral health needs and increase academic achievement, particularly for our historically underserved youth.
- Survey stakeholders such as staff, parents, community, and students.
- Hold face-to-face meetings with representatives from underserved populations.
- Meet with district leadership to communicate the targeted areas for investment and develop a draft plan.
- Communicate with ODE staff on the draft plan to get input.
- Revise plan if needed.
- Present plan to the Board.
Submit final plan to Oregon Department of Education
- Communicate approved plan to all stakeholders.
• Completion of the above actions by June 2021.
2.) By the end of June 2021, the Coos Bay School District will have a viable online virtual education program available for all students and families.
- Allocate funding for a virtual platform to be used during distance learning.
- Continually monitor and review the platform for accessibility and ease of use.
- Adjust the platform and delivery to meet the needs of students using this method during the current distance learning guidance.
- Survey students, parents, and staff on the effectiveness of the program.
- Collaborate with other districts in the state who are using virtual platforms to discuss the pros and cons of different programs.
- Collaborate with administrators and staff to select a platform for the 2021-22 school year.
- Allocate funding in the 2021-22 budget to purchase the virtual platform.
- Advertise and educate parents and students on the virtual school program option for the 2021-22 school year.
- Completion of the above actions by June 30, 2021.