The National Weather Service put out a high wind warning for the South Central Oregon Coast and the schools are monitoring it carefully.
Currently, there is no change from our regular school calendar, but if there are changes due to weather, we will let you know as soon as possible. Here's how...
School closure, delayed start and/or snow route decisions will typically be communicated to parents, media outlets, FlashAlert, and posted on the District website, Facebook and Twitter by 5:30 a.m., earlier if possible.
Parents and Guardians, please make sure your contact information is up to date. Your school's office will be happy to assist you. If an auto-dialer is sent out, the recording of the message will also be available at 541-267-6149.
*As a reminder, we encourage families to make transportation and attendance decisions for their child(ren) based on their own assessment of travel conditions at their location. We always want you safe
When all district schools and facilities are closed
- All daytime and evening school activities/events on closure days are canceled.
When there is a 2-hour delay in opening school
- All schools will open two hours later than regularly scheduled.
- Buses will be on Snow Routes. Routes are posted on the transportation page.
When school is on time and buses are on Snow/Ice Routes
- All schools operate on regular daily schedules.
- Routes impacted by snow & ice are on a two-hour delay
- Snow routes are posted on the transportation page.
- If the weather forecast calls for declining weather conditions throughout the day, the district will implement snow routes for PM dismissal.
When weather conditions necessitate an early closure of schools
- We encourage you to refer to the CBSD website and local media for more detailed information.
- All daytime and evening activities/events are canceled.
Early Release School Days
- If there is inclement weather on an early release day, the District will decide the schedule on a case-by-case basis and notify parents appropriately.