School Board & Policy
- Determines the long-range direction of the District
- Establishes policies that direct the instructional and support programs
- Communicates with the community
- Employs and evaluates the superintendent
- Negotiates with employee groups to determine salaries and benefits
- Calls elections on bond proposals
- Approves the annual budget
Regular School Board meetings begin at 6:00 p.m. and are open to the public. Regular meetings are held at the Milner Crest Educational Center, 1255 Hemlock Ave., usually the 2nd Monday of the month.
Questions: Call the Superintendent’s office for information at 541-267-1310.
Public participation time is scheduled at each regular meeting to allow community members the opportunity to share information or concerns about educational issues. To view the previous month’s Board Meetings, go to Channel 191 Broadcast and select Coos Bay School District from the menu.