School Board Resources
New Board Member Orientation
While newly elected candidates will not take office until July 1st, there is plenty they can do to be prepared when their term starts. This page outlines a majority of the information a new board member will need to learn before and after taking office.
Post Election Activities: Before July 1st
- Meet with the board secretary
- You will be contacted to schedule.
- Review the last three months of board meeting minutes
- Register for OSBA Summer Conference (or get prepared to register on July 1)
- Contact Sarah Eunice, Board Secretary to register by calling 541-267-1310 or via email email@example.com.
- Orientation of New Board Members -Policy BHA
- Welcome from OSBA
- Tips for new board members
- Code of Conduct BBF & BBFA
- Board Member Mandatory Reporting
- Virtual Meetings
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Roles and Responsibilities During COVID-19
- Board Self-Evaluation
- Board Chair
- Review and become familiar with basic information
- Review and become familiar with our departments and what they do
- Review Staff Directory