October 15, 2020
Media Contact: Marc Siegel, firstname.lastname@example.org
The standard At-A-Glance School and District Profiles provide a quick and comprehensive approach to evaluating and measuring a school and school district’s impact on students. This year’s profiles are adapted from the standard version and do not include statewide assessments data, class size data, 9th grade on-track, attendance data and other information as a result of the statewide transition to Distance Learning for All in March of 2020.
“This annual data release comes roughly seven months after our students, families and educators started overcoming the toughest education challenge our state has ever faced,” said Oregon Department of Education Director Colt Gill. “I want to take a moment to reflect on the impressive grit and determination of our students, families and educators and encourage them to keep persisting. We are with you, we support you and I know we’re all doing our best to return to in-person instruction as soon as possible.”
The Adapted At-A-Glance School and District Profiles have been streamlined to contain only the profile data that is still available for the 2019-2020 school year, including:
- Student and teacher race and ethnicity. Unlike previous years, this data for students is pulled from October 1, 2019 enrollment, rather than May 1, 2020 enrollment.
- On-Time Graduation and Five-Year Completion rates.
- Tally of Full Time Equivalent staff in a variety of roles including counselors, psychologists, librarians (district only), and other professions.
Some data is presented differently this year. Key changes include:
- ODE has changed from reporting “Teacher Turnover” (the percentage of teachers that are new to a school each year) to “Teacher Retention” (the percentage of teachers that continue to teach in the same school the following year).
- Combined the rounded Full-Time Equivalent count for Counselors and Psychologists into one data element.
Perfiles adaptados en general de escuelas y distritos para el año escolar 2019-20