April 12th through May 14th for the 2021-2022 School Year
Benefits of Pre-registration
- Avoid lengthy wait times in the fall
- Parents that pre-register will be included in school communication at the beginning of the year
- Receive notifications about our Kindergarten Jump Start program scheduled for August
- The first 100 families who fully pre-register for kindergarten at Eastside or Madison will receive a small gift to kick off their journey with the Coos Bay School District
Which school will my child attend? If you are not sure which school your child will attend, please search your current residence in the map found: Map for Kindergarten - 6th Grade
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: How do I know which school my child should attend? Eastside or Madison?
- Please search your current home of residence in the map found at CBD9.Net > Parents > Attendance Zones and click Next Year (2021-2022) Map for Kindergarten - 6th Grade
- While Madison is receiving a number of renovations, the students of Madison School will for one year, move into the Blossom Gulch School. Doing so takes our children out of construction hazard's way and allows the construction team to work unhindered on all aspects of the school. The Madison and Eastside boundaries will remain unchanged. For more information about the Madison School renovations visit the BOND WEBSITE
Question: I live in Coos Bay, can I choose which school my child will attend?
- In order to maintain balanced classed sizes, your child’s school depends on your current address where you live and Board adopted attendance zones. You may apply for an Intradistrict transfer in accordance with Intradistrict Transfer Procedures. The deadline for an Intradistrict Transfer Request is April 15, 2021. The sending school principal or designee will notify the parent that the request has been granted or denied in June. Students who apply for an intradistrict transfer and are not accepted at the time of application because of space availability or Every Student Succeeds Act of 2015 (ESSA) transfers will be placed on a waiting list determined by an equitable lottery process.
Question: I live outside of the Coos Bay School District, can I register my kindergartner with the Coos Bay School District?
- Fill out and submit a “Request for Interdistrict Transfer for Non-Resident Admission School Year 2020-2021” to the District Office at 1255 Hemlock Ave., Coos Bay OR 97420 or e-mail Glennap@coos-bay.k12.or.us. The form can be found online via CBD9.net > Parents > Registration and click on “IDT Request form 2020-2021” For more information visit Administrative Regulation JECB-AR – Admission of Non-Resident Students
- Interdistrict Transfer Requests (IDT) will be processed as usual with some flexibility on timelines.
Question: Who should I contact if I have questions? Please call your school, or the district office. Phone numbers are below. While in-person school is out for the rest of the year, secretaries are still working and checking e-mail and voicemail, so please reach out and someone will get back to you.
- Eastside Phone: 541-267-1340
- Madison School Phone: 541-888-1218
- District Office: 541-267-1310