April 11th through June 1st for the 2022-2023 School Year
Benefits of early registration
- Avoid lengthy wait times in the fall
- Parents that pre-register will be included in school communication at the beginning of the year
- Receive notifications about our Kindergarten Jump Start program scheduled for August
Which school will my child attend? If you are not sure which school your child will attend, please search your current residence in the map found: Map for Kindergarten - 6th Grade
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: How do I know which school my child should attend? Eastside or Madison?
- Please search your current home of residence in the map found at CBD9.Net > Parents > Attendance Zones and click Map for Kindergarten - 6th Grade
- Madison students will be returning to their home school in Empire at 400 Madison St. The Madison and Eastside boundaries will remain unchanged. For more information about the Madison School renovations visit the BOND WEBSITE
Question: I live in Coos Bay, can I choose which school my child will attend?
- In order to maintain balanced classed sizes, your child’s school depends on your current address where you live and Board adopted attendance zones. You may apply for an Intradistrict transfer in accordance with Intradistrict Transfer Procedures. The deadline for an Intradistrict Transfer Request is April 15, 2021. The sending school principal or designee will notify the parent that the request has been granted or denied in June. Students who apply for an intradistrict transfer and are not accepted at the time of application because of space availability or Every Student Succeeds Act of 2015 (ESSA) transfers will be placed on a waiting list determined by an equitable lottery process.
Question: I live outside of the Coos Bay School District, can I register my kindergartner with the Coos Bay School District?
- Fill out and submit a “Request for Interdistrict Transfer for Non-Resident Admission School Year 2020-2021” to the District Office at 1255 Hemlock Ave., Coos Bay OR 97420 or e-mail Glennap@coos-bay.k12.or.us. The form can be found online via CBD9.net > Parents > Registration and click on “IDT Request form 2020-2021” For more information visit Administrative Regulation JECB-AR – Admission of Non-Resident Students
- Interdistrict Transfer Requests (IDT) will be processed as usual with some flexibility on timelines.
Question: Who should I contact if I have questions? Please call your school, or the district office. Phone numbers are below. While in-person school is out for the rest of the year, secretaries are still working and checking e-mail and voicemail, so please reach out and someone will get back to you.
- Eastside Phone: 541-267-1340
- Madison School Phone: 541-888-1218
- District Office: 541-267-1310